(Grilled/shallow fried fish with herbs, served with spinach mashed potatoes and tossed tomato salad)
We had this dish at a local restaurant (Polka Dots, Pune). It was fantastically presented and delicately made with subtle seasoning of herbs. Its pretty easy to make and takes about 45 minutes once you have all the ingredients ready. We don’t know what this recipe is called, so I gave it the same name with which it was referred in the restaurant menu.
For us the spinach mashed potatoes and the tomato salad combination with the fish was the winner!
- Fish – 6-8 Fillets (Any white fish will do)
- Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Dried herbs and Seasoning (like dried oregano, basil etc. Italian seasoning will do) – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1/2 a lemon squeezed
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Boiled potatoes – 5-6 medium sized
- Spinach Puree – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 50 gms
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomatoes – 3 medium sized
- Italian Herbs and seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Coarsely ground roasted peanut – 2 teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Pitted olives – 7-8
- Marinate fish with chilli flakes, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper for 30 minutes
- Once the fish is marinated, lightly dust it with flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a shallow pan, put the fish in the pan and shallow fry. Toss then on other side when one side is golden brown.
- Boil 5-6 medium potatoes. Grate the potatoes before mashing them.
- Add Spinach puree, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together for a long time until you get consistency.
- Cut 3 small tomatoes in big square pieces
- Add 1 teaspoon honey, herbs, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 7-8 chopped olives, 2 teaspoon of coarsely ground peanuts
- Toss them together to mix well
Serve Fish, Mashed Potatoes, Tomato Salad with lettuce